5 good reasons to come to Nice this summer !
Are you searching for your next holiday destination? The Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice gives you 5 good reasons to come to Nice! This summer, discover the Cote d'Azur and the long beaches of Nice where the sun can be enjoyed throughout the day! Throughout your stay, the gastronomy of Nice will awaken your taste buds during two excursions to the fantastic landscapes of the Cote d'Azur. In Nice, the summer is punctuated by many recurring or exceptional events like the concert of Jay-Z and Beyonce! Get a first impression of your holidays in our 4-star hotel in downtown Nice.
1- 7,5k beaches for a lazy day
In Nice, more than 7.5 km of beaches run along the Promenade des Anglais, from Nice Airport to the Théâtre de Verdure. Private or public beaches, they are a few steps away from the city center and your 4-star hotel. On the website of the Best Western Plus Hotel Masséna, book our package stay + private beach from June 1st to September 30th! Benefit from preferential rates at the private beach “Rhul beach” with deckchair, beach umbrella, towel and cabin.
2- The Niçois Cuisine, special delicacies that should definitely be tried.
The traditional Niçois Cuisine is unique! It is a combination of French and Mediterranean tradition. Being both tasty and balanced, it showcases the vegetables of the region. Several restaurants in Old Town Nice are labeled "Cuisine Nissarde", which is a label awarded to restaurateurs working to promote the Niçois Cuisine. Here is a list of the main dishes to discover during your stay : Socca, Pissaladière, Pan Bagnat, Salade Niçoise, Daube and fritters of zucchini flowers or artichokes!
3- The 2018 Summer Events
• The Ultra Trail Cote d'Azur Mercantour awaits you on June 15, 16 and 17 for an extraordinary sporting adventure that is rather spectacular than technical!
• The Ironman Nice celebrates its 14th edition and will take place on Sunday, June 24th. The athletes will live a triathlon that promises to be intense, in the clear waters of the Mediterranean sea, in Nice hinterland, and cycling and running on the mythical Promenade des Anglais
• The Jay-Z and Beyonce concert "On The Run II" at the Allianz Riviera in Nice on July 17th! Get ready to dance for hours and sing Crazy In Love tirelessly!
• The Nice Jazz Festival, Place Masséna and Théâtre de Verdure from July 17 to 21, 2018. As with every year, the biggest names in the Jazz music scene will perform on stage, such as Massive Attack or Tom Harrell
• The Festival Les Plages Du Rire at the Théâtre de Verdure from 9 to 11 August. This year, 3 evenings full of laughter in the program with Laura Laune, Jean-Marie Bigard and Manu Payet.
4- Nice: a photogenic city
In Nice, views are magical, in daylight as well as at night! With 300 hectares of parks and gardens, Nice is a source of inspiration for artists from all over the world. Matisse, Dufy, Modigliani and many others were all charmed by the light of the city and the beauty of its breathtaking landscapes! Be Careful, to come without a camera would definitely be a terrible mistake! Don't miss to capture the Nice facades bathed in a beautiful golden light. Discover the legendary Promenade des Anglais and the top of the Castle Hill with a panoramic view of the city and the sea! The beaches, the Place Masséna, the Place Garibaldi, the flower market, the port...everything here appeals you to make pretty souvenir photos.
5- Shopping for every taste and every generation
Between small local traders and big brands, you will obviously find your happiness this summer in Nice! For a gastronomic shopping, go to the alleys of the old town of Nice and Cours Saleya market. In small shops you can buy jam, olive oil, fresh pasta, ice cream, cookies... For fashionistas, go to Place Masséna; it is an ideal starting point with Galeries Lafayette, and then to:
• Famous brands on Avenue Jean Médecin including the Nice Etoile shopping center.
• Luxury boutiques of Verdun Avenue and of the Paradis Street.
• Masséna street, which is entirely pedestrian with many fashion brands.
In Nice, enjoy a colorful shopping, in beautiful alleys, with Italian charm!
© Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice
There are hundreds of good reasons to come to Nice on vacation. What will be yours?