Get sporty in Cannes and attend the biggest sporting events!
Cannes is the Côte d’Azur capital of outdoor sports and a hotspot for athletes and sports fans alike. Cannes sets the scene for countless sporting events every year given its unique setting between the Esterel Mountains and the Mediterranean Sea. In the heart of the city, the Hôtel des Orangers provides a variety of sports and events in Cannes.
Get fit during your stay at the Hôtel des Orangers Cannes. Whether you're with family, friends or flying solo, Cannes is the perfect destination for sport during the holidays. Make the most of the city's prime seaside setting surrounded by the Esterel Mountains and its idyllic climate. Cannes provides tourists and locals with free countless outdoor facilities all year to encourage people to get sporty.
Cool off and swim a few lengths during your Cannes holiday at your 3* hotel's outdoor pool. Fancy having fun whilst you get fit? A table tennis table is available to guests in the Hôtel des Orangers Cannes' private garden.
Your 3 star hotel in Cannes with outdoor swimming pool - Credit Summer Hotels
Sports to do in Cannes
Sports activities to do in Cannes - Credit Summer Hotels
The city is a playground for outdoor sports fans and launched the "Cannes, capital of outdoor sports" project in 2019. Whether you like running, cycling, hiking or strength training, Cannes is the perfect place for a weekend or sporty stay on the Côte d’Azur.
The Hôtel des Orangers Cannes brings you an array of things to do within easy walking distance:
- Running and hiking: Go for a morning jog along the Mediterranean Sea under the famous Croisette's palm trees. Cannes is home to 14 running and hiking trails covering over 60km. Ile Sainte Marguerite is a prime hiking spot just a few minutes by boat from Cannes Port. Explore its untamed coves and historical sites on over 22km of footpaths.
- Cycle the Mediterranean coastline: start your ride at the Hôtel des Orangers Cannes to Nice, the capital of the Côte d’Azur via Juan-les-Pins, Cagnes-sur-Mer and Saint-Laurent-du-Var. 2.5 hrs of amazing seaside and Azur scenery await!
- Outdoor fitness: Get fit in perfect conditions and a unique setting at 4 fitness areas outside Cannes(BoccaCabana, Palm Beach, Cannes-Mandelieu Airport and Vieux-Port). Check out the new fitness trail at La Croix-des-Gardes Forest with 3km of footpaths and 11 types of apparatus for pull-ups, push-ups and stretches.
- Water sports on the Mediterranean Sea: Go paddling with family or friends to see Cannes Bay as never before. Make the most of it to gaze at the deep-sea depths and you may even be joined by the local dolphins. There's a whole host of water sports available: kitesurfing, catamaran, windsurfing, paragliding, waterskiing, tubing and scuba diving.
- Golf for amateurs and enthusiasts: Visit one of the ten 18-hole golf courses in and around Cannes.
- Pétanque and Provençal games: 6 public boules pitches are available all year round throughout the city whether you're a novice or pro.
- Swim in the Mediterranean's crystal-clear water: Enjoy the perfect temperatures for a dip and swim or walk across the bay. There's nothing better for soaking up the sunshine with a bit of sport!
Unmissable sporting events in Cannes
Away from the glitz and glamour of events hosted at the Palais des Festivals, Cannes also sets the scene for countless international sporting events. Its unique setting in France, between the Mediterranean Sea and Esterel Mountains, and year-round warm weather make it the perfect city for hosting sports competitions.
Play sports in Cannes - Credit Cannes Urban trail
Attend or take part in the biggest sporting events in Cannes during your stay at the Hôtel des Orangers:
- Cannes Urban Trail in January
- Cannes half marathon in March
- Pétanque Supranational in March
- Cannes International Triathlon in April
- Cannes Jumping International in June
- Royal Regattas in September
- Odysséa charity run in October
- Nice-Cannes Marathon in November
Blend tourism, relaxation and fitness during your stay at the Hôtel des Orangers. Your 3* hotel with pool welcomes you with open arms during the many sporting events hosted all year in Cannes. Book now!