Our favourite spots in Menton
Menton is one of the Côte d’Azur's most beautiful towns with a variety of landscapes between the sea and summits and its idyllic location on the Italian border. The team at the Best Western Hôtel Méditerranée has picked the best places in Menton to visit during your holiday: gardens and parks, museum and monuments, best photo spots and restaurants. Make magical memories!
Our otherworldly addresses
Whilst staying at the Best Western Hôtel Méditerranée, unwind and recharge your batteries in one of Menton's many exotic gardens.
Jardin botanique exotique du Val Rameh: Countless rare exotic plants thrive in this park's exceptional microclimate. Lord Percy Radcliffe, the former governor of Malta, founded it in 1905 and it is now world-famous and a benchmark site among botany experts.
Jardin Serre de la Madone: a leafy haven of peace, this fabulous botanical garden on a hillside brings you a fantastic display of Mediterranean flowers.
- Jardins Bioves: The central Menton park hosts the annual Lemon Festival and its incredible unique citrus sculptures exceeding 800m high. It's also worth an outing over Christmas as the park glitters with illuminations and magical designs.
Lemon Festival at the Bioves Gardens - Our good addresses in Menton - Credit Summer Hotels
Our cultural addresses
Menton is a town that's jam-packed with cultural and artistic heritage. Over the years it has set the scene for countless world-famous events such as the Music Festival and Lemon Festival. Experience Menton's attractions and museums for yourself whilst you're in town:
Musée Jean Cocteau Le Bastion: Feast your eyes on Jean Cocteau's masterpieces at Le Bastion, the 1st museum devoted to the French Prince of Poets. The museum in the 17th century fortress opened in 1966 and has now been joined by a sprawling 2700m2 architectural building.
Jean Cocteau Le Bastion Museum - Our good addresses in Menton - Credit Summer Hotels
Saint-Michel Archange Basilica: The basilica is a baroque diamond built by the Genoese architect Laurent Lavagna and a must-visit whilst in Menton. Its forecourt overlooks the Mediterranean and hosts the annual Menton Music Festival.
- Cimetière du Vieux-Château: Soak up the atmosphere at this 1880 Russian Orthodox cemetery. Gaze at fabulous views of the entire city, old port, Garavan Bay and the Italian border.
Our instagrammable addresses
Capture your magical moments on the Côte d’Azur during your stay in Menton! Check out the best photo spots in Menton to glam up your Instagram accounts and turn your colleagues green with envy when you get back home:
Plage des Sablettes: Head to Quai de l’impératrice Eugénie which leads off Plage des Sablettes beach for unobstructed views of Menton's colourful buildings, pretty port and mountains.
Plage des Sablettes - Our good addresses in Menton - Credit Summer Hotels
Vieux-Menton lanes: Lose yourself in the old town's maze of streets and get your camera ready for all the gems it has to offer. It's the perfect place for a colourful photo to brighten up your social media.
- The Best Western Hôtel Méditerranée Menton rooftop: Your 3* Menton hotel's rooftop is the perfect place for a photo shoot with your friends over a drink with incredible views of the Mediterranean Sea and mountains in the background.
Rooftop of the Best Western Hôtel Méditerranée - Our good addresses in Menton - Credit Summer Hotels
Our foodie addresses
If you love your food then Menton is the perfect place to sate your appetite! Whether you're into Southern French specialities or more classic cuisine, there's something for every taste and budget.
Le Méditerranée: During your stay at the Hôtel Méditerranée, our Le Méditerranée restaurant is open for lunch and dinner serving Mediterranean cuisine with Provençal flavours.
- Marché des Halles: Menton's indoor market plays host to thirty local producers (vegetable gardeners, cheesemongers, butchers, florists and more) just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Experience regional produce in an explosion of flavour and aroma!
- Le Mirazur: Indulge in fine dining dishes by chef Mauro Colagreco in a jaw-dropping setting overlooking the Mediterranean Sea at 2019's "Best Restaurant in the World".
The entire reception team is here to assist you and will be only too pleased to share their top tips in Menton. Feel free to ask for their advice throughout your stay at the Best Western Hôtel Méditerranée!